Remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom:
To escape the edict of Egypt’s Pharoah, Rameses I, condemning all first-born Hebrew males, the infant Moses is set adrift on the Nile in a reed basket. Saved by the pharaoh’s daughter Bithiah, he is adopted by her and brought up in the court of her brother, Pharaoh Seti. Moses gains Seti’s favor and the love of the throne princess Nefertiri, as well as the hatred of Seti’s son, Rameses. When his Hebrew heritage is revealed, Moses is cast out of Egypt, and makes his way across the desert where he marries, has a son and is commanded by God to return to Egypt to free the Hebrews from slavery. In Egypt Moses’s fiercest enemy proves to be not Rameses, but someone near to him who can ‘harden his heart’.
The Ten Commandments (6 Disc Limited Edition Gift Set)
• Commentary by Katherine Orrison, author of “Written in Stone: Making Cecil B. DeMille’s Epic, The Ten Commandments” on both the 1956 Feature Film and the 1923 Silent Film.
• Newsreel footage from the 1956 World Premiere in New York.
• An extensive photo gallery packed with never-before-seen photos from the Cecil B. DeMille’s BYU Archives.
• A “Making of” Trailer from 1956 as well as Theatrical Trailers for subsequent re-releases of the film
• Hand-tinted footage of the Exodus and Parting of the Red Sea Sequence from the 1923 Silent Film.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: